Anti-Trumpers will stop at no length to attack the First Family.
The White House released the first official portrait of First Lady Melania Trump.
The First Lady’s platform is focused on the problem of cyber-bullying among America’s youth.
But the response on social media and the blogosphere quickly descended into vicious personal attacks on the First Lady.
Perez Hilton and Cosmopolitan each ran articles criticizing the photo for being heavily airbrushed.
NYMag wrote a mocking list for how you could make your next profile picture look like the First Lady’s portrait:
1. Go to a Sears Portrait Studio.
2. Pick out the most laser-adjacent background you can get, without it being the actual laser background.
3. Slip on the biggest ring from the Melania™ Timepieces & Jewelry collection, available on QVC.
4. Turn on a wind machine.
5. On second thought, turn off the wind machine.
6. Smear some Vaseline on the camera lens.
7. Cross your arms and smize — smize as hard as you can, to forget that you’re going to have to do this for the next four to eight years.
What do you think of the First Lady’s portrait? Let us know in the comments.
Here were some interesting factoids included in the White House press release:
Did you know Melania Trump is only the second First Lady born outside the United States?
The first was Louisa Adams, wife of John Quincy Adams, our sixth president.
Born in Slovenia on April 26, 1970, she married Donald Trump in January 2005 and gave birth to Barron Trump in March 2006. That same year, she became an American citizen.
The First Lady has a passion for the arts and a passion for helping others through charity work.